Etalons Lunt LS80T-Ha and DSII - focal length

Frankenscope? Let's see it!***be advised that NOTHING in this forum has been safety tested and you are reading and using these posts at your own peril. blah, blah, blah... dont mess around with your eyesight when it comes to solar astronomy. Use appropriate filtration at all times...
pupak
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Etalons Lunt LS80T-Ha and DSII - focal length

Post by pupak »

Focal length of the collimation and correction lens for the Lunt LS80T-Ha and DSII standard.
Does anyone know the focal values of these lenses?

I do not look at the sky with the eyes of an astronomer, but of a person looking for the beauty of nature.
george9
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Re: Etalons Lunt LS80T-Ha and DSII - focal length

Post by george9 »

I don't know the actual numbers, other than that it is designed for working at f/7 and works well in my f/7 AP155, so they can't be too far from that. (So somewhere around 7*52 for the primary and somewhere around 7*35 for the DSII.) I guess someone would have to disassemble to get the actual numbers, but that would break the seal and introduce dust.

George

pupak

Re: Etalons Lunt LS80T-Ha and DSII - focal length

Post by pupak »

I got pretty much the same results using a different method. Thank you very much for the confirmation.

I do not look at the sky with the eyes of an astronomer, but of a person looking for the beauty of nature.