ZWO ASI 1600MM now discontinued!

Use this section to discuss "standard" Baader/Coronado/ Lunt SolarView/ Daystar, etc… filters, cameras and scopes. No mods, just questions/ answers and reviews.
thesmiths
Almost There...
Almost There...

ZWO ASI 1600MM now discontinued!

Post by thesmiths »

I was looking at the "Planetary Cameras" section of the ZWO website and noticed that the ASI1600MM, which used to be at the bottom of the page when sorted by "newest" is now gone and has been put on the page for "Discontinued Products", where it is also shown as "out of stock". The cooled version remains available, however.

Probably the best replacement is the ASI533MM, which has about the same size pixels and a newer technology sensor.

The ASI174MM remains available but it does sit at the very bottom of the "Planetary Cameras" page when sorted by "newest" so that might be vulnerable in the future. I'm guessing at some point it gets hard to acquire these older sensors and ZWO wants to move on to newer, more modern products. But as we know, some of the older products have special use cases that made them attractive (e.g. H-alpha).

Jordan Konisky
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Re: ZWO ASI 1600MM now discontinued!

Post by Jordan Konisky »

In the interest of downsizing a bit, I am considering selling my ZWO ASI 1600MM. It was purchased new by me from Agena AstroProducts in March 2021 and is in like-new condition. If interested, send me a PM.

Jordan Konisky
Verona, Wisconsin

Jordan -
SkyWatcher ED100 Refractor with Diamond Steeltrack Crawford Focuser
Celestron CG4 Equatorial Mount
Daystar Quark H-Alpha Chromosphere
Lunt CaK B1800 Filter Module
Lunt White Light Solar Wedge
ZWO ASI174MM, ZWOASI1600MM Cameras
TareqPhoto
Almost There...
Almost There...

Re: ZWO ASI 1600MM now discontinued!

Post by TareqPhoto »

I have the cooled version and i don't plan to sell it even if it will be discontinued sooner or later, but i understand about the non cooled version, it is not a big use to be honest, and now with something like 432 which is almost between 174 and 1600 it became like not necessary for 1600mm, and ZWO is trying to discontinue many models after like 2-4 years once they produce newer models, such as 462MC which wasn't available before when i ordered my 385MC camera in 2017, now 462MC is gone and they produced the mono version.