Camera Options for Solar Setup

Use this section to discuss "standard" Baader/Coronado/ Lunt SolarView/ Daystar, etc… filters, cameras and scopes. No mods, just questions/ answers and reviews.
04Stefan07
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Camera Options for Solar Setup

Post by 04Stefan07 »

Finally adding a second telescope for some solar imaging. I have been imaging the Sun for a number of years but recently I dipped my toe into capturing a time lapse and boy am I hooked.

My current setup:

- Lunt 50THa with Moonlite Focuser and ZWO EAF
- Skywatcher Evostar 120 Refractor (eventually with an electronic focuser)

Cameras
- Flea3 Mono (can't remember the model but it is old), used to use this with my Lunt.
- Player One Neptune-M

Eventually I will purchase a Daystar Quark Chrom for my Skywatcher but for the time being I will be using that scope with a Meade White Light glass filter.

Should I keep using the Neptune-M with my Lunt? Should I start using the Flea3 with my Skywatcher? Is there a camera more suitable with either the Lunt or Skywatcher with a Daystar Quark? Should I maybe use the Neptune-M with the Skywatcher and Quark and get another camera for the Lunt? Maybe purchase a 174MM so when I get the Quark I will have the best package and use the Neptune-M on my Lunt?

So many options!

SOLAR SCOPES: Lunt LS50THa Pressure Tuned with B600 filter & Moonlite Focuser, Daystar Quark Chromosphere
MOUNTS: Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro & Skywatcher Star Adventurer
CAMERA: Player One Neptune-M & Flea3 1.3 MP Mono USB3