Post anything eclipse related!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- The Sun?
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:37 pm
- Location: Riverside, St. Clair Cty, Alabama
Just got home from the Pell City Library Great American Solar Eclipse Event. We had a very good turnout of kids and adults. The eclipse was a partial here but it did grow dusky as the sun was covered maybe 92-94%. We could tell the temperature dropped several degrees. The shadows grew long and we saw the crescent moon through the tree leaves. I had my white-filtered Celestron telescope for the crowd to look directly at the sun. We had several other scopes that the Library brought out but they had no solar filters. So we used the projection method as well as the solar viewing glasses. I am now pleasantly exhausted. Time to rest until the next CBSAP event. Pictures attached.
- 20953115_10211497112117686_1910256065733844821_n.jpg (99.17 KiB) Viewed 859 times
- 20915378_10211497114357742_4661708788736837331_n.jpg (110.41 KiB) Viewed 859 times
- 20953573_10211497111437669_5471595980221129825_n.jpg (45.64 KiB) Viewed 859 times
- Posts: 25028
- Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:27 pm
- Location: Brierley Hills, UK
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests