SolarMonitor software

The place for all your solar software; capture, stacking, post processing, ancillaries etc. It's all up for discussion here!
PDB
Almost There...
Almost There...

SolarMonitor software

Post by PDB »

Hello All,

finally was able to finish the documentation and publish my new SolarMonitor software. The software connects to an SSM device and has a pluging for FireCapture to steer captures based on seeing quality. (FireCapture V2.06 needed) Software is available as freeware an exists for Windows10 (maybe runs on W7 as well, but did not try), Linux and Mac (High Sierra or Mojave)

You can dowload it from: https://github.com/paul-db/SolarMonitor ... /V01.02.05

Attached the documentation.

Hope this will be usefull.
Regards,

Paul
Attachments
SolarMonitor.pdf
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 231 times

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Re: SolarMonitor software

Post by marktownley »

Thanks Paul! Let's leave it in the main forum area for a couple of days to get attention and then will move to the library.

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
PDB
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by PDB »

Hi,

just made an update to the FC plugin. It will now also report the min/max and average seeing for the captured images in the FC session log file (.txt)
Just download the plugin file from (https://github.com/paul-db/SolarMonitor ... /V01.02.05) and replace the existing one.

Regards,

Paul

bart1805
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by bart1805 »

Thanks Paul! Downloaded it yesterday and will replace it for the new version. Never used the SSM so have to find out what settings to use. Looking forward to it!

Christopher
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Post by Christopher »

Hi Paul,
Finally got outside with the beta version today and it worked great. I did an autorun with high thin hazy clouds and got some good shots. I've solved my fps slowness problem as well so I was excited to be getting both good seeing moments and high frame rates. Once the connection was up it just ran seamlessly. Thanks!!! :bow2 :bow2

Here's one of the captures- from 14:55 EST this afternoon. Trigger was set to 1.4 and discard was set to 2.2. I took this with my Solar Spectrum modified T-scanner (0.6A) on the Zeiss APQ130 with a Baader TZ4 telecetric and a Astro-physics ERF using a PGR Grasshopper 3. This is the best 250 frames out of 500 @162fps. As I mentioned I took an autorun and hope to crank out an animation but I really liked this frame and was anxious to process.
Sun_145541_BW WEB.jpg
Sun_145541_BW WEB.jpg (95.32 KiB) Viewed 4843 times

Christopher

"Our imagination is stretched to the utmost, not, as in fiction, to imagine things which are not really there, but just to comprehend those things which 'are' there.". -Feynman
PDB
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by PDB »

That is a very good result Christopher!

Regards,

Paul

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

That came out great Christopher. What was the fps issue in the end?

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
Christopher
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Post by Christopher »

Thanks Mark! The fps issue was the result of applying an FC patch to enable the gamma control for the PGR Grasshopper 3. The patch switches the mode to Mono from Raw. While it does indeed enable the gamma control it also greatly reduces the max fps. Removing the patch removes the gamma control and restores full speed. Given the choice between the two I'll take the higher fps. Easy choice.

Christopher

"Our imagination is stretched to the utmost, not, as in fiction, to imagine things which are not really there, but just to comprehend those things which 'are' there.". -Feynman
ffellah
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Post by ffellah »

That is great shot, Christopher !

Franco