Processed images cannot be resized

The place for all your solar software; capture, stacking, post processing, ancillaries etc. It's all up for discussion here!
DavidP
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Processed images cannot be resized

Post by DavidP »

Hi all. Sorry to ask so many questions, but I’m very new at all this.
As of this afternoon my computer will not let me resize any of the images processed after IMPPG. I’ve tried two different image converter programs and neither of them will even recognize the images. When I right click on the image and tried to resize, I get the message that I “do not have permission to change the image.”
Any idea on what has happened?

PDB
Almost There...
Almost There...

Re: Processed images cannot be resized

Post by PDB »

Hmmm, gonna need more details.
- What OS (i suppose windonws? but never seen resize when I right click on an image, but some programs can add functions to the right click options, so you never know)

- Format you saved the image in IMPPG (compressed tiff does not work with all programs)
- Short explanation of the workflow starting from IMPPG might help understanding.

Which image convertors did you try?

Rgrds,

Paul

None of my posts or images may be shared on Facebook, Twitter or any other social media other than SolarChat without permission.
Merlin66
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Merlin66 »

Download Irfanview.
This allows cropping and re-sizing of many image formats.
https://www.irfanview.com/

"Astronomical Spectroscopy - The Final Frontier" - to boldly go where few amateurs have gone before
https://groups.io/g/astronomicalspectroscopy  
http://astronomicalspectroscopy.com
"Astronomical Spectroscopy for Amateurs" and
"Imaging Sunlight - using a digital spectroheliograph" - Springer
GreatAttractor
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by GreatAttractor »

This sounds like a file permissions problem. If I had to guess, for some reason ImPPG is now launched in a compatibility (with an older Windows version) mode, runs with administrator permissions, and whatever files it saves are changeable by administrators - but not regular users. Can you delete those images, or does it also give an error message?

Try to right click such an image, choose "Properties", "Security", select "Users" in the upper list and see if "Allow: Write, Modify" are checked in the lower list - if not, the problem is indeed with permissions.

My software:
Stackistry — an open-source cross-platform image stacker
ImPPG — stack post-processing and animation alignment
My images

SW Mak-Cass 127, ATM Hα scopes (90 mm, 200 mm), Lunt LS50THa, ATM SSM, ATM Newt 300/1500 mm, PGR Chameleon 3 mono (ICX445)