Refracto for Combo

Use this section to discuss "standard" Baader/Coronado/ Lunt SolarView/ Daystar, etc… filters, cameras and scopes. No mods, just questions/ answers and reviews.
fedele
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Refracto for Combo

Post by fedele »

hi.

Great forum

I have:

- a Mewlon 180c
- a Mac 127 Sw for travels
- a 120Ed

For this polivalent setup, i have thinked to a Daystar Combo and a Powermate 2x5x.
this solar setup start to work well from f15. So it work well i think with the previous telescopes fo HR.
MY question:

i need a polivalent ED REFRACTOR 80 f 7.5 circa, that can work well with combo and the Tv PM. I want to use it for visual eand imaging of the FULL disk of the Sun, and also in other fields (DSO astrophotografy etc)-

1) in general, i'm on the right way?
2) i need a refracto that has at least 150 mm of backfocus. can you suggest me a not musch expensive model od 80Ed with long BKF?

thanks

Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Refracto for Combo

Post by Montana »

Hello again

I'll move this to the commercial solar equipment and hardware section where you are more likely to get lots of answers :)

If you go to the main page index.php there are lots of sections to choose from. It can be confusing at first, but we are always here to help and find a place where you will get most answers.

Alexandra

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Refracto for Combo

Post by marktownley »

The SW120ED is by far the best scope you have there for solar.

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!