MY NEW - MINI OBSERVATORY opened today 23/10/2021-1200z

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
EGRAY_OBSERVATORY
Way More Fun to Share It!!

MY NEW - MINI OBSERVATORY opened today 23/10/2021-1200z

Post by EGRAY_OBSERVATORY »

On a quiet-weather day today Saturday 23-10-2021 in South-East England, the official opening of my new observatory took place and although this newbie is primarily for Solar and Lunar imaging/viewing when the Sun is low-down in the winter-months, it is much easier and quicker to actually get to start imaging etc., than the much larger main-observatory, which is situated about 40-feet away... :bow

So with the attached images taken before, during and after the mid-day/z operational-opening of the Mini-obsy today, you can see that clearly the basic unit was acquired as a garden shed, but with a difference in quality and later my designs..

Manufactured in Israel of a Composite-material as the "KETER Darwin 6 x 4ft Outdoor Garden Apex Storage Shed - Brown" as:-

https://www.homebase.co.uk/keter-darwin ... 33043.html where the full description is:-

"The evolutionary Darwin shed will change the way you think about sheds and is the perfect design if you want the look and feel of wood with all of the benefits and ease of resin.

The tongue and groove panels allow for easy assembly in just 1 to 2 hours and the compact packaging allows you to pick up your Darwin shed in-store, take it home, build it and store all of your garden accessories and tools in just one day!
Ideal outdoor storage solution for all garden tools and equipment, BBQ's, bicycles and DIY tools.
Elegant natural wood look and feel design with single door, built in ventilation and window for natural light.
Heavy duty floor panel with tongue and groove panels for easy assembly and lock hasp for additional security (Lock not included).
Made of durable, low maintenance and fade-free WOOD COMPOSITE RESIN with double-wall construction.
Takes Approx. 2 hours to assemble..." :seesaw

" Assembly Options :
Self Assembly Required
Base Included as a floor only / Not Included is any foundation/concrete base...
Material: Evotech+ - Advanced composite technology
Additional Assembly Information: Your shed, your way, assemble your shed with the windows on either side or even the door! Doors can be hinged from left or right to suit your outdoor space.
External Dimensions: (H)205 x (W)125.8 x (D)184.5cm (includes the overhang of the eaves - refer to images)
Model Number: 246986

Product Contains: x1 Flat Packed Product x1 Assembly Instructions.
Brand: Keter
Shed Construction Type: Shiplap Tongue & Groove.
Internal Dimensions: (H)199.8 x (W)112 x (D)176.5cm.
Core Colour: Brown
Additional Delivery Information: Easy self build. No Installation service available.

Lock Details: Lockable (lock not included).
Guarantee: 15 Years.

Number of Windows: 1
Effects and Finish: Evotech Wood effect finish.

Roof Style: Apex.
Window Glazing: Styrene glazed.
Number Of Doors: 1
Building Roof Covering: Heavy duty resin roof that supports a snow load of 75 kg/sq.metre.
Building Floor Material: Durable Plastic.
Additional Information: Just a light wash is needed to keep your shed looking like new season afar season.

Model Name: Darwin 6x4 "
+++
So one might assume that this is just a "run of the mill" garden shed !! Not so. Firstly, most garden shed are usually made of poor-quality and short-lasting wood, or if metal, usually rust within months of purchase.
As the description above shows, this is in fact a double-walled shed, with very long-lasting materials which are water-proof and also very-long lasting.
Also other types of sheds are just as expensive and even more so in many cases, which will likely involve more than one person or company erecting such.
Equally other materialised-sheds allow for creatures of one type or another to enter and sometimes causing irritating problems, but not so with this shed. :evil:

No painting etc., is likely to ever be required over then lifespan of this item, which is not so with so many other shed products... :)

The Keter Darwin 6x4 was erected by myself (even though it was recommended that two-persons were required, but I have ways of putting the 2nd person out of a job)...*!*!* :lol:

The instructions are well-printed, although a little bewildering at first (needs some time to go through before attempting the construction as many parts are well-named themselves, but an awful lot of the provided screws of differing lengths and sizes - need to be checked and get accustomed to before erection, with the help of the instructions...

The flat-pack is very heavy and that is definitely a 2-person job to handle complete at purchase or delivery-site, but if separated when required, the parts can remain outside as any rain will not cause damage, but still best if can be left covered, which I did until required for the construction. (individual parts are not heavy as such).

Two-hours might be possible for the build if two-persons were available, but certainly well within one day (4+ hours) should be well sufficient - even for 1-person with some knowledge of how to and suitable/simple tools.

A suitable powered screw-driver (cordless preferably) with the Pozi-Drive #2 bit as a "PZ2" is required, unless you or someone else wants to exercise the wrists to aches !*!*** :oops:

Step-ladders most likely required for roof-assembly, (albeit in my "short-****" case higher ladders would have helped-just kidding). :lol:

Should not be assembled on a blustery or very windy day... :cat

PLEASE NOTE: No ground-concrete base is supplied, but a 'rain-water escape' type Heavy Duty plastic-floor is including (to be laid first) and I recommend that either large concrete-paving slaps or even a level concrete-base is laid at least two-weeks before-hand of say 3" to up to say 6" depth, should be well sufficient and considered.
(further details upon request to me)... Then the supplied flooring should be well-secured to the concrete base - before further construction of the shed commences...
+++
PLEASE NOTE-2: ALWAYS MAKE SURE THAT THE CHOSEN LOCATION IN A GARDEN IS THE VERY-BEST FOR "All-Required-Seasons" CLEAR-VIEW OF THE SUN/MOON etc...
+++
So from the various images attached here, one can see that modifying the basic Keter Darwin shed - after it is constructed, can start to take place.

True, a knowledge with the the appropriate-tools and materials required for the purpose say of "Solar-viewing/imaging" with the proposed telescopic equipment - must be well-worked out at all times in advance - to get the best out of the purposes and finances that this project is for...

In my case, it was decided early-on that treble-insulation was required, for extra personal-comfort during those colder-months, as well as to cut-down the humidity-levels that often apply to many locations, especially out in gardens. This saves the need for corrosion and damage to optical instruments etc., so on that point, as with my main-observatory a "DE-HUMIDIFIER" is necessary and subsequently now a mini "Peltier-type" cooled De-Humidifier has been installed and in just a week has taken a substantial-amount of water out of the enclosed shed-of this relatively small area. The attached website tells more about this type :-

https://bestdehumidifier.reviews/how-do ... iers-work/

The "treble-insulation" was gained by the use of OSB-11mm/walls and ceiling and OSB-18mm Flooring-Grade for that floor... Not cheap at present, but necessary...
OSB = Oriented Strand Board, a material that I have used previously for external use and lasts for so many years outside, so inside will out-live me - even...!! :lol:

So now with self-manufactured bench-seating, a drop-down table for PC-use etc., and even a cheap storage-rack for the gear etc., only the electrical-installation is something usually to be left with a qualified electrical-engineer, but that was not-needed to apply to me and in this particular electrical-installation, the incoming supply is via an overhead supported cable from a double-isolated and protected supply, as well as a separate Earth-Rod to keep the Earthing-side as safe as possible, was achieved and tested.

It was noted that when the initial-construction was completed during quite-hot weather in September'21, that it did get quite hot inside when the door was closed, but knowing that an opening-hatch was to be cut-out and hinged, as well as the installation of large computer-type 12-volt fans were to be installed at the two air-vents available with this product (one pulling-in and one pushing-out) area from the highest internal areas, would significantly improve the temperature-conditions inside, as well as effectively acting as air-conditioning too... These are both-filtered to assist in bug-control as well... :D

I'm sure there's a lot more that might be of interest to those who might be looking at an easy alternative to "lugging in and out" there valuable telescope assets - with the always-scenario of worrying what the weather (rain) is going to do, so I'm more than happy to assist with further advice - as and when.

I can say, that for me (within the careful thoughts and design of the internals etc.), that certainly for the colder-months, I can go out into this "mini-obsy" switch-on the mains/electricity, 12-volt Power-Supply, press just three of the SkySensor 2000PC HBX/Controller of the installed Vixen GP-DX mount and the scope will slew to the Sun, within around 2-minutes and that occurred today, which was a joy to behold... :bow

https://www.ephotozine.com/article/berl ... view-16255 shows the fantastic wooden-tripod from Berlebach to be used...

Also installed, is a 'State of the Art' overhead LED lighting-panel with a separate remote-controller, which not only allows reduction from "Bright Sky" to much dimmer, but also has three different colour-shades of light output and absolutely ideal for either entering on a bright day, to dimming sufficiently for ease of "Dark-Sky Eye Adaption."
Also separately are two three-stage Red-Light battens - for even darker-room use at night... :mrgreen:

Energy Efficiency has been used with these modern technologies... Solar Panels may be used in due course, as already proved at the Main Observatory.

Next stages, will be to use one of my computers and also the recently acquired SODIUM QUARK (from Mark T.) which I am certain will give decent or better results.
Also White-Light imaging is proposed, but for my Ha and CaK scopes it is not yet envisaged to be used from this newbie location... (but still possible)...

So today with a bottle of "plonk" of 12.5% proof, hopefully now I can continue to look/image our nearest star + the Moon and no doubt Planets too - quickly and efficiently when I want in any outside temperature-environments and when those clouds allow as well...

The attached images show much of this project and also the very first (but grotty) image taken with a small Canon A1200 Powershot camera - as when for a brief-spell the Sun was just visible for only seconds to confirm the correct alignment and the ability to image in very difficult weather-conditions... :cool:

ps I was able to actually sit-down on the bench-seat and comfortably look through the EP or when the camera will be attached - use the computer without much movement - luxury or what ??? :lol:

Enjoy and thanks for reading/looking...
Q & A's - no problem ? :?:

CLEAR SKIES
Terry
EGRAY OBSERVATORY's 'Mini-Cousin' :!:
Attachments
A.KETER Darwin 6x4 shed.jpg
A.KETER Darwin 6x4 shed.jpg (126.17 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
B.IMG_1886.jpg
B.IMG_1886.jpg (218.59 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
C.IMG_1887.jpg
C.IMG_1887.jpg (174.72 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
D.IMG_1888.jpg
D.IMG_1888.jpg (170.52 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
E.IMG_1889.jpg
E.IMG_1889.jpg (218.27 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
F.IMG_1891.jpg
F.IMG_1891.jpg (332.04 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
G. IMG_1892.jpg
G. IMG_1892.jpg (357.81 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
H. IMG_1894.jpg
H. IMG_1894.jpg (333.68 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
I. IMG_1896.jpg
I. IMG_1896.jpg (217.65 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
J. IMG_1897.jpg
J. IMG_1897.jpg (287.66 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
K. IMG_1902.jpg
K. IMG_1902.jpg (274.89 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
L. IMG_1904.jpg
L. IMG_1904.jpg (300.2 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
M. IMG_1908.jpg
M. IMG_1908.jpg (232.35 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
N. MG_1910.jpg
N. MG_1910.jpg (118.68 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
O. IMG_1912.jpg
O. IMG_1912.jpg (106.29 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
P. IMG_1914.jpg
P. IMG_1914.jpg (306 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
Q. IMG_1916.jpg
Q. IMG_1916.jpg (280.62 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
R. IMG_1917 Not much left of the 12.5% proof.jpg
R. IMG_1917 Not much left of the 12.5% proof.jpg (167.38 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
S. IMG_1932 Berlebach Mulda tripod.jpg
S. IMG_1932 Berlebach Mulda tripod.jpg (125.76 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
T. IMG_1922.jpg
T. IMG_1922.jpg (306.56 KiB) Viewed 1108 times

Ibbo

Re: MY NEW - MINI OBSERVATORY opened today 23/10/2021-1200z

Post by Ibbo »

Congrats.
My keter obshed has been going strong for over 10 years may yours do so as well.

eroel

Post by eroel »

Terry:
Congratulations for your nice mini observatory, thanks for the info and the images.
Best wishes.
Eric.

EGRAY_OBSERVATORY

That is well-good news Steve and certainly the quality of manufacture is unusually good for this type of example build.
Considerable savings too compared to mainly observatories, including even the extra internals and modifications..
Thanks for your comment.

Hi Eric, thanks for the comments and wishes.

Have a good weekend.

Regards
Terry

DeepSolar64

Post by DeepSolar64 »

Terry,
Thanks for the thorough explanation of the shed and it's install. The interior of the shed looks like OSB chipboard. Your description of the LED lighting reminds me of the agricultural LED lights we make at GE Current.

Now to see if these sheds are available where I live and what would their cost be.

You should have dedicated it with a good strong Port wine. 18-20 percent alcohol. Many Anglican churches use it for communion wine.

Blessings,
James

Lunt 8x32 SUNoculars
Orion 70mm Solar Telescope
Celestron AstroMaster Alt/Az Mount
Meade Coronado SolarMax II 60 DS
Meade Coronado SolarMax II 90 DS
Meade Coronado AZS Alt/Az Mount
Astro-Tech AT72EDII with Altair solar wedge
Celestron NexStar 102GT with Altair solar wedge
Losmandy AZ8 Alt/Az Mount
Sky-Watcher AZGTI Alt-Az GoTo mount
Cameras: ZWO ASI178MM, PGR Grasshopper, PGR Flea
Lunt, Coronado, TeleVue, Orion and Meade eyepieces

Image Visual Observer
" Way more fun to see it! "
Rusted

Post by Rusted »

Congratulations! :bow

One piece of safety advice: Lose that white, oval fan heater.
We bought an identical one and the motor died on the very first trial.
The entire casing crumpled before our eyes as it caught fire.
The heating element had remained on. With no protective, thermal, kill switch.
Without the vital airflow it just kept getting hotter.
It would be tragedy to lose your entire observatory and its contents.
Possibly along with your house!

http://fullerscopes.blogspot.dk/

H-alpha: Baader 160mm D-ERF, iStar 150/10 H-alpha objective, 2" Baader 35nm H-a, 2" Beloptik KG3,
Lunt 60MT etalon, Lunt B1200S2 BF, Assorted T-S GPCs or 2x "Shorty" Barlow, ZWO ASI174.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

An excellently conceived and executed project, Terry. My congratulations!!! Everything is described in great detail and interestingly, I read it and was happy for you. I raise up a cup of green tea in honor of you and your beautiful mini observatory.
Cheers!

Ivan

ffellah

Post by ffellah »

Congratulations on your new observatory. A ton of work but it will be worth specially going forward.

Franco

tafig
The Sun?
The Sun?

Post by tafig »

You've given me a lot to think about. I have been working on my solar observatory for a long time. Rather, I will build the nativity scene by myself. However, I am thinking of the opening roof, or maybe something like a dome. Regards

EGRAY_OBSERVATORY

So many nice and interesting replies folks and thanks vm too. :D

Firstly, James, yes I had you in special-minds relating to you having to set-up daily and this type of design could easily apply to you. Obviously knowing that you use more than one scope, needs working out as far as space and opening hatch are concerned.
Yes OSB board is easy to work with and very long-lasting. Also less boring than plain-wooden lining, so not only can one safely hang things from, doesn't need painting (although does paint well - as in my radio room).
I went through much thought, measurements and paper-work prior to deciding on the smaller 4x6feet item, so maybe that could be an issue for your set-up's, possibly requiring a slightly larger size.
Certainly using the same manufactured material though is a must. The cost savings from the dome or sliding-roof types are considerable... There is a possibility that this shed could also be made to have a sliding-roof...
And the proofed wine was actually and partly because my friend is very involved in church activities, so you can image my thoughts..
I am here to help and advise you if required and PM's are feasible too... :?:

Thanks Chris - for that important point you raised and as formerly well into our local Fire Service, is an important-point you raised, so that item will be internally inspected and is never left operating without my being there. Fire Extinguishers are plentiful everywhere and observatories too... I could use one of those small oil-filled type radiators instead, so will definitely be looking into that point. Also I have thermal-fuses in stock which could easily be fitted, so have pencilled-in a note to deal with this... :bow

Many thanks Ivan for your remarks and Green Tea is far better than Alcohol too... :lol:

Yes that's right Franco, lot's to plan first and think about and to get a good result, so thanks vm.. :girl:

Hello tafig (I don't think we've met here as yet), but many thanks for your reply. As said to James, domes are excellent but pricey and are of course useful for all-sky use too, but with this new mini-obsy, it is only really intended for low-down south-views/imaging during the colder/winter-months of the Sun, Moon and Planets...
My main-observatory is very-much bigger and again completely designed and built by myself started well-over ten years ago and is of the motorised-sliding-roof design.
It is very solidly built and insulated and is available for night and day imaging - where currently the SkyWatcher AZ-EQ6 GT Mount on a four-poster stand is capable of significant-loads and currently has a Lunt 60mm Ha+DS, Lunt 60mm CaK scope, a SkyWatcher 80ED Triplet for WL and Sodium imaging using the three cameras plus all the cabling etc. Also a professional very hi-spec computer and two large hi-resolution screens, which certainly assist the imaging.
To be honest I still have much to learn and do on the imaging-side to get anywhere near to the fabulous imagery seen here on SolarChat by so many... :bow
So in short tafig - one needs to firstly decide on what the long-term intentions are and what one can afford (as well as the capability to undertake these constructions, including having the tools too. Then with pencil to paper and the use of the internet to search and gain prices and availability of materials/products is really the best was forward.
If one looks at and follows Pedro's interesting web-pages/videos and that which he has so well achieved - then it gives guidance to what many of us can achieve in many cases - for either just viewing or imaging too... :?: :o :?:

Thanks again Guys and any further Q & A's will be answered. :?:

CLEAR SKIES
Terry

arnedanielsen

Post by arnedanielsen »

Congratulations on your new mini-observatory, Terry!

It looks really nice. Easy access and having everything setup and ready is key to make use of those short spells of clear skies.

Hey, you even got an SkySensor 2000-PC. I've got one of those gems too.

Best regards,
Arne

Best regards,
Arne
--
AstroBin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/arnedani/
EGRAY_OBSERVATORY

Many thanks Arne for your response.

Indeed, you have "hit the nail on the head" as one of the intentions has always been to make things simple, compact and very-quick to set and get going. :hamster:

In fact the main observatory takes around ten-minutes for the three lights imaging (plus a longer walk to get there) :lol:
Whereas the newbie is around 2-minutes to be centred on the object and only half-a dozen steps too ... :D

If it's very cold, then heating takes 1 - 2 minutes in the newbie and doesn't affect seeing/thermals to any extent with Sun/Moon imaging, as imaging-speeds are so small and in any case the air-extraction-system deals with that - when required.

As with my flying-days/nights, aircraft usually have back-up systems in the event of, and when an offer I couldn't refuse came-up of both the Barlebach Tripod and a Vixen GP-DX with the SkySensor 2000-PC three years ago, I grabbed that offer to add to my existing GP-DX + S/S2000-PC, to make a pair of - in the event of.
"Gems" is the word for these controllers, as with the large screen, illuminated keys and large overall-size is just "FAB"... Its' internal memory with date/time/location and last used-object etc., is something that is often missed-out with other controlling HBX's..
The Lithium back-up battery is still available and both have had those changed by me about a year ago and not even expensive.

Cheers :movie
Terry

pedro

Post by pedro »

Great project and mini observatory, well done.

EGRAY_OBSERVATORY

Many thanks Pedro. I won't build as many as you have though...

Terry

Carbon60

Post by Carbon60 »

Many congratulations, Terry. Looks nice and cosy.

Stu.

H-alpha, WL and Ca II K imaging kit for various image scales.
Fluxgate Magnetometers (1s and 150s Cadence).
Radio meteor detector.
More images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/solarcarbon60/
EGRAY_OBSERVATORY

Oh yes Stu, I do like to be in a cosy and warm atmosphere - which was arranged, so many thanks for the comment

Terry

EGRAY_OBSERVATORY

Additionally for those interested in this particular purchase, the base is exceptionally well designed and manufactured to allow the water-drainage necessary too.

The numerous screw-positions can be seen for when the walls are erected, as well as my extra Rawl type screw positions from the base into the concrete paving slabs - to stop the structure from being blown-over... !!!

Terry
Attachments
IMG_1822 The base and wall-screw locations.jpg
IMG_1822 The base and wall-screw locations.jpg (237.2 KiB) Viewed 998 times
IMG_1821 The base.jpg
IMG_1821 The base.jpg (276.51 KiB) Viewed 998 times

MAURITS

Post by MAURITS »

WOW Terry what a great detailed discription and pictures.
Lovely mini observatory with a lot of beautiful equipment inside and a nice ceremony as a part of the whole project.

Regards,
Maurits

Vista del Cielo Observatory

www.vistadelcielo.be
EGRAY_OBSERVATORY

Many Thanks Maurits and not quite the same as your beautiful obsy, but my one will do the bizz along with my large obsy.

Cheers
Terry

marios i.

Post by marios i. »

Congratulations Terry for your power mini observatory. The equipment is awesome!

With all my love I wish clear skies
Marios

Marios S.Ioannou
My Gallery https://www.flickr.com/photos/195609307@N07/albums

Sketcher/Visual Observer

EGRAY_OBSERVATORY

Thank you Marios for your responses.

I also wish you clear skies and best wishes too

Terry

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

Very good Terry, nice to see it is getting first light.

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
EGRAY_OBSERVATORY

Thank you Mark and I trust you are enjoying your icey visit or have enjoyed such ??

Terry

Alto
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Post by Alto »

I'd forgotten this Terry!

I'm sad to say my latest scope won't fit into my 5 year wooden build. I'm in danger of it clipping the lower support wall when I slew.

So perhaps a Keter might be a solution, though as with my current one, as a full building roll-off. You've given me thought, thank you.

Call me Geoff.

I do what I do because I want to, and because I can....

Doesn't mean I know what I'm doing, though!
EGRAY_OBSERVATORY

THANKS GEOFF/ALTO, FOR YOUR BELATED RESPONSE RE THE MINI OBSERVATORY.

UNFORTUNATELY, I HAVE NEITHER BEEN ABLE TO UTILISE THE MINI OBSY OR THE MUCH LARGER MAIN OBSY - SINCE OCTOBER'21 - DUE INITIALLY TO POOR WEATHER, BUT SINCE JANUARY'22 - DUE TO POOR HEALTH AND ITS' ONGOING MEDICAL/SURGICAL INTERVENTION.

IN FACT, I AM NOW USING THE MINI OBSY FOR RELAYING AVIATION RADIO RECEPTION FOR WHEN DURING THIS WELL-NICE WEATHER OVER THE LAST MONTH ETC. - WHILST RECUPERATION/RELAXING UNDER THE SUNSHADE OUTSIDE AND WATCHING THE NUMEROUS OVER=FLYING AIRCRAFT WHILST USING THE NEW IMAGE-STABILISED BINOCULARS FOR THE PURPOSE.

WHETHER I AM ABLE TO GET BACK TO SOLAR/LUNAR OBS ETC., IS UNLIKELY AT PRESENT, AS ONGOING TREATMENT ETC., IS/WILL PREVENTING/PREVENT THAT.

AT LEAST, I AM GETTING RATHER BROWN FROM THE EXCESSIVE USE OF THE SUN :lol: :oops:

OF COURSE GEOFF, THE NEED TO CAREFULY WORK0UT THE CLEARANCES BETWEEN SCOPE SLEWING AND THE PROPOSED OBSERVATORY STRUCTURE - IS A MUST. I DO HOPE YOU CAN GET A GOOD SOLUTION TO THAT ALL-INPORTANT SCENARIO. :?:

APOLOGISIS FOR THE CAPITAL LETTERS IN THIS REPLY, DUE TO THE AFORMENTIONED REASONS...

BEST WISHES AND REGARDS
TERRY

Alto
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Post by Alto »

Best wishes yourself Terry.

You take care.

Call me Geoff.

EGRAY_OBSERVATORY

THANKS GEOFF

TERRY

Alto
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Post by Alto »

I decided to rejig my existing shed.

Hadn't realised how well built I made it! On the second day of changes, missing all the solar action.

I looked at the price of the Keter and decided to be a cheapskate as I could do with a new camera :mrgreen:

Call me Geoff.

Radon86
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by Radon86 »

Dear Terry,
I was about to congratulate you on your observatory, when I read your bad news about your health. I wish you make a full a recovery as possible asap. I hope you can use your observatory to its full potential soon.

Best wishes,

Magnus

EGRAY_OBSERVATORY

HI GEOFF, AS THE KETER IS MADE OF WATER-PROOF MATERIAL, THE BENEFITS OVER WOODEN STRUCTURS IS THAT NO MAINTENANCE IS LIKELY REQUIRED
AND MINE HAS PEFORMED WELL FROM THAT BENEFIT. OBVIOUSLY THE CUT-OUTS (SHOWN IN MY PHOTOS) HAVE REQIUIRED WEATHER PROTEFCTION, AS WELL AS KEEPING UNWANTED (NON-RENT PAYING) CREEPY-CRAWLEIS OUTSIDE.

TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY CONTROL CAN BE DEALT WITH (WITH A LITTLE IMAGINATION) BY THE USE OF COMPUTER-FANS AT 12-VOLTS, AS WELL AS MINI DE-HUMIDIFIERS ETC.

USING THE SAME PAVING-SLAB BASE (AS SHOWN) WITH PLENTY OF GOOD-LONG RAWL-PLUGS AND SCREWS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED - TO STOP THE GALES FROM GIVING YOUR NEIGHBOURS A FREEBE SHED !!!

HELLO MAGNUS, GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR WISHES AND IT WOULD BE SO NICE TO BE ABLE TO USE EITHER OBSYS AGAIN.

BEST REGARDS AND CLEAR SKIES
TERRY

eroel

Post by eroel »

Terry:
Remembered that event, beautiful post.
Get well soon to use it again.
Eric.

EGRAY_OBSERVATORY

THANKS SO MUCH ERIC AND WOULD BE SO NICE TO BE ABLE TO JOIN BACK IN WITH YOU (AND OTHERS OF COURSE) IN THE VARIOUS CONVERSATIONS THAT WE HAVE HAD OVER THE PAST + THAT HUMOUR TOO...

REGARDS
TERRY

MAURITS

Post by MAURITS »

Terry, congrats with the beautiful mini observatory.
Inclusief the ceremony and the Rosé wine.

Regards,
Maurits

Vista del Cielo Observatory

www.vistadelcielo.be
EGRAY_OBSERVATORY

THANKS AGAIN MAURITS AND OF COURSE THE Rosé wine, CERTAINLY WENT DOWN OVER THE ROOF WELL - WITH THE SMALL AMOUNT LEFT OVER, CONSUMED WELL AFTERWARDS (NEARLY A YEAR AGO)...!!!

HOW THAT TIME HAS PASSED..

CHEERS
TERRY