and there go the Ursids!!!

I LOVE finding out about different ways to appreciate the Sun and light in general. Use this forum to post your info or questions about various outside the mainstream ways to appreciate our life giving star!
Wyvern
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Re: and there go the Ursids!!!

Post by Wyvern »

Hi all,
Been a tad hectic with work and home issues for a little while, so apologies for not replying to posts sooner.

Stuart - Will see what info is left on the laptop running my meteor detection setup. It's currently observing the Quadrantids, but I'll stop that on Saturday (8th). Am loath to "tamper" with it while it's working, just incase I upset it!!! I work Graves via "Echoes", not Spec Lab. I just can't get that programme to work for me. I hate it, it hates me, so Echoes it is. I may have saved the CSV file it generates but will check Saturday. Looking at my heat map for the Geminids, I'm showing a peak at 22.00UT on the 13th and a second some hours later at 01.00UT on the 14th. Don't know if this corresponds with your observations?....... and as for "hijacking" the original thread, no worries, you've turned it into a far more informative post than it originally was.
Regards to all,
Les

8" SkyWatcher reflector on HEQ6. 10" Meade S/C & 16" Meade reflector awaiting obsy "planning permission"!
Coronado PST & Lunt Herschel wedge for 120mm SkyWatcher refractor on EQ4.
Graves meteor detection system.
Canon 70d & ZWO ASI120mc for imaging.
Photoshop skills questionable.