mosaic

The place for all your solar software; capture, stacking, post processing, ancillaries etc. It's all up for discussion here!
alessbonsai
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

mosaic

Post by alessbonsai »

Quale software usate per creare mosaici e come calibrate i singoli frame
Grazie

Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Re: mosaic

Post by Montana »

Google translate 'What software can be used to create mosaics and calibrate single frames
Grazie'

There are many good softwares, there is Photoshop - PhotoMerge (only if you have Photoshop).
Freeware that is good is Microsoft Ice.

There are many you can use for stitching mosaic images together but they are primarily used for panorama stitching.

https://expertphotography.com/best-phot ... -software/

Not sure what you mean about the single frame calibration though?

Alexandra

rsfoto
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: mosaic

Post by rsfoto »

... e come calibrate i singoli frame ...
Hi,

Very inmportant

" If you want to make mosaics do NOT change acquisition parameters for each single video or frame. Make them all with the same settings ... DO NOT CHANGE any parameters even if you think you see differences. If you see differences then it is because fine cirrus clouds are moving in front of the Sun ...

Another thing is practice, practice, practice and after you think you have practiced enough then keep practicing ...

For my mosaics I use Photoshop CS 2022 and when blending all the 9 images for H-alpha or my 4 images for White Light Photoshop tries to equalize them and it works quite well.

I tried a few automatic stitching software's but the is nothing better then the human eye and a bit of time to stitch them. I make the alignment by eye and it takes me maybe 5 minutes to get all my 9 images together. With time you recognize quite quickly patterns on the Sun surface for aligning them.

Photoshop also has an automatic setting. Need to try out again now that there are enough details. During minimum times is it impossible to use the automatic stitching.

Sometimes I had luck with Autostitch64 but as said before only when you have enough details ...

regards Rainer

Observatorio Real de 14
San Luis Potosi Mexico

North 22° West 101°