Book "Le Soleil et nous"

VENDORS WELCOME! Please, only solar equipment.
allhoest
Almost There...
Almost There...

Book "Le Soleil et nous"

Post by allhoest »

I would like to present here Frederic's book about the Sun.
It is in French, but there are French speaking members in the forum.
Please find here under Frederic's words.
CS
Alex

Le Soleil et nous", by Frédéric Clette, offers a wide panorama of the Sun and of its many implications for the Earth and for us, the humans of the 21st century. The book explains the wide range of solar phenomena and the internal mechanisms of its activity, in simple terms accessible to everyone. But beyond the Sun itself, the book also highlights the countless roles of our omnipresent Star, like past solar myths, life on Earth, technological impacts, climate change, renewable energies, etc. Throughout the book, short stories taken from the author's personal memories also add a human dimension, through glimpses on what the daily life of a solar researcher is made of. Currently the book is published only in French, and is distributed in France, Belgium and Switzerland by Favre Editions (Lausanne).

Frédéric Clette is solar astrophysicist at the Royal Observatory of Belgium, in Brussels. After working on solar eclipses and in space projects, he currently leads the World Data Center SILSO, which builds and distributes the longest available record of the solar 11-year cycle provided by the sunspots.
Attachments
Couverture1.jpg
Couverture1.jpg (50.96 KiB) Viewed 1123 times

DanielBrousseau
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Re: Book "Le Soleil et nous"

Post by DanielBrousseau »

Intéressant, merci beaucoup !

Phantom 140 f/6.5, SW newton 254mm f/5, Quark Chromosphere, Lunt 60mm Universal, Baader ceramic wedge, ASI174 mono, ASI294 mono, ASI290 mono,
Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada