Ha or Red filter with the Quark?

Use this section to discuss "standard" Baader/Coronado/ Lunt SolarView/ Daystar, etc… filters, cameras and scopes. No mods, just questions/ answers and reviews.
TareqPhoto
Almost There...
Almost There...

Ha or Red filter with the Quark?

Post by TareqPhoto »

Hi again,

I want to know which one do you prefer to use with the Quark, a red filter or Ha that is about 25-40nm band?

Should i place this at the nose of the Quark and use UV/IR Cut in the beginning like end of the scope to protect anything behind it all way to the sensor? If so why not place Ha/Red first then UV/IR cut next to the Quark/camera then?

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Ha or Red filter with the Quark?

Post by marktownley »

All filters that are used as an ERF need to be the dielectric type which reflect energy, rather than absorptive or dyed glass.

So, get a Ha filter.

You should place this before the quark, ideally on the nosepiece of the 2" diagonal.

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
TareqPhoto
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by TareqPhoto »

marktownley wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:37 pm All filters that are used as an ERF need to be the dielectric type which reflect energy, rather than absorptive or dyed glass.

So, get a Ha filter.

You should place this before the quark, ideally on the nosepiece of the 2" diagonal.
Ok, i will go with the Ha then, thank you very much

TareqPhoto
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by TareqPhoto »

Bringing back this thread as i want to say that i ordered P1 Chromo filter to use with my Quark, few months ago i bought a filter of Ha 40nm cheap one, but to my bad luck it has larger mount thread than 1.25", not sure maybe 33mm or 35mm not sure so slightly larger than 1.25" size, i really don't know how to find an adapter or ring to mount this if i want to use it, but now with the P1 filter which is almost as red i won't care about that filter, i will keep it just in case.

So now i stop down the scope, i use UV/IR cut filter and this additional P1 chromosphere filter, do i need anything else? Let's say with scopes of 80mm, 60mm and 90mm i am fine with this setup? Because my Quark is a combo version so i need to use a telecentric Barlow, i have 5x Powermate, should i place that after the Quark means between the quark and camera? And where should i put that chromo filter, on the nose of Quark or Powermate?