Front Mount ERF Low Cost

Use this section to discuss "standard" Baader/Coronado/ Lunt SolarView/ Daystar, etc… filters, cameras and scopes. No mods, just questions/ answers and reviews.
Simon2940
Almost There...
Almost There...

Front Mount ERF Low Cost

Post by Simon2940 »

Hello everyone, I have been testing a front mounted ERF on my EvoStar 150 and have been happy with the results. I also want to inform everyone that they are available to purchase in the US from Astro Hutech based out of Los Angeles CA.

https://astrohutech.store/product/hutec ... n-filters/

There are 2 sizes and the ERF holder is custom made to fit your scope directly. You will need to email Hutech with your circumference and the type of scope. Please note that these may not be suitable for SCT scopes. These are ideal for refractors that need a front mount ERF specifically for HA imaging.

You can also read up some information on Hutech (Ted) blog site that he updates.

https://digiborg.wordpress.com/

As far as I know, he can ship to europe as well.

DavidP
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Re: Front Mount ERF Low Cost

Post by DavidP »

I wish they would make larger ones. There appears to be no source for larger ERF’s at the present

Simon2940
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by Simon2940 »

DavidP wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:02 pm I wish they would make larger ones. There appears to be no source for larger ERF’s at the present
How large do you need, we can make a special order as long as they are available.

Radon86
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by Radon86 »

Hello Simon,

Do you know if those 120mm ERF would fit my 90mm refractor (the dew shield adaptor could be made to fit, and the ERF is much bigger than the 90mm objective lens at front of the scope.

Still 700 dollars + shipping to Europe is expensive. I think there would be more local suppliers in UK or Europe I would think.

Thanks

Magnus

Simon2940
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by Simon2940 »

Radon86 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:04 am Hello Simon,

Do you know if those 120mm ERF would fit my 90mm refractor (the dew shield adaptor could be made to fit, and the ERF is much bigger than the 90mm objective lens at front of the scope.

Still 700 dollars + shipping to Europe is expensive. I think there would be more local suppliers in UK or Europe I would think.

Thanks

Magnus
They are working on smaller ERFs, keep in mind, they will fit any refractor since each unit is custom made. When an order is placed, Hutech will email you requesting measurements of the telescope in order to create a perfect fit.

I am not aware of anyone in Europe that is selling this particular ERF, however i suspect that there will be soon.

TareqPhoto
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by TareqPhoto »

The price isn't low or cheap enough, but if comparing to other brands this can be a bit more affordable, i don't know, i mean if there is larger ones but less than $1000 then yes it is low cost, but if i want ERF for 152mm telescope for example and it will cost me like $1200-1500 without shipping then i better add little more and go to another well known popular brand and tested better.

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

TareqPhoto wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:17 pm The price isn't low or cheap enough, but if comparing to other brands this can be a bit more affordable, i don't know, i mean if there is larger ones but less than $1000 then yes it is low cost, but if i want ERF for 152mm telescope for example and it will cost me like $1200-1500 without shipping then i better add little more and go to another well known popular brand and tested better.
This is how much things cost.

Prices don't go down.

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!