Zeiss Telementor used as an Ha Scope.

Frankenscope? Let's see it!***be advised that NOTHING in this forum has been safety tested and you are reading and using these posts at your own peril. blah, blah, blah... dont mess around with your eyesight when it comes to solar astronomy. Use appropriate filtration at all times...
Sungazer
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Zeiss Telementor used as an Ha Scope.

Post by Sungazer »

Hello All, This may already have been discussed, but I wondered if anyone had used a Telementor with an ERF ahead of the lens, and either a PST Etalon or a Quark for Solar use or not ?.
I do have a pair of lens to use in my PST Etalon, which reduces the Fl to 98 mm, instead of the z200mm standard. Could this be a viable project,or am I trying the impossible ? Any thoughts or thoughts would be VERY much appreciated. Thanks in advance, John. :cool: z

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Zeiss Telementor used as an Ha Scope.

Post by marktownley »

Hi John.

No idea about the Zeiss scope, but the collimating / refocusing lens for a PST etalon need to be the same focal ratio as the donor scope used. The original lenses are for f10, your lenses would work at f5, not sure this is what the Zeiss scope is?

Mark

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
Sergio Alessandrelli
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Re: Zeiss Telementor used as an Ha Scope.

Post by Sergio Alessandrelli »

Hi John

I made some picture with a Zeiss Telementor lens (63/840), it looks good in red and its focal ratio is good for my SolarSpectrum filter with a 2X. Also in the blue/CaK it works well. I can't say for the PST, just try. I used my PST etalon without any change on a larger APO telescope.

You can find some picture I made here: https://www.astrobin.com/search/?q=Zeis ... 9-05&sort=