I thinking about coverdions my scopes to solar

Frankenscope? Let's see it!***be advised that NOTHING in this forum has been safety tested and you are reading and using these posts at your own peril. blah, blah, blah... dont mess around with your eyesight when it comes to solar astronomy. Use appropriate filtration at all times...
phacops
The Sun?
The Sun?

I thinking about coverdions my scopes to solar

Post by phacops »

Hi I have tried to repair my Coronado SM70 first edition. It works not as I had expected, also this version can not be calibrated. I can use only with wide field eyspices So I wonder what I can get to see more using my scopes that I have with Quark ot other products. I have:
William Opitics 132 f7 triplet Apo
ATM from camera lens Century tele-athenar 600mm f5. This is petzval design on 2' standart. Diagonal can not be used.
ATM from large format APO Germinar 750mm f9. This is 2' standard. Diagonal can not be used.
I know I should use ERF to safe ethalon and ITF livetime. But wonder could I use those ATM scopes too. What solutions I have? Nice to have both visionary and photography.

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Re: I thinking about coverdions my scopes to solar

Post by marktownley »

I'd try a quark with the WO scope.

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!