sharpcap and Registax question

The place for all your solar software; capture, stacking, post processing, ancillaries etc. It's all up for discussion here!
EricF
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

sharpcap and Registax question

Post by EricF »

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine has been using an earlier version of SharpCap and Regisitax 6, all for solar. He's just upgraded to SharpCap 4.

note: I haven't used Sharpcap, I've been using the ASI software that came with the camera. I've only just downloaded sharpcap.

Anyway, he can't figure out where his avi files have been going for the past couple of weeks. And he used to have it set up for automatic processing - somehow automatically starting Registax.

Anybody have any experience with this? Any pointers/advice?

Eric.

torsinadoc
Almost There...
Almost There...

Re: sharpcap and Registax question

Post by torsinadoc »

EricF wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:19 am Hi everyone,

A friend of mine has been using an earlier version of SharpCap and Regisitax 6, all for solar. He's just upgraded to SharpCap 4.

note: I haven't used Sharpcap, I've been using the ASI software that came with the camera. I've only just downloaded sharpcap.

Anyway, he can't figure out where his avi files have been going for the past couple of weeks. And he used to have it set up for automatic processing - somehow automatically starting Registax.

Anybody have any experience with this? Any pointers/advice?

Eric.
File->sharpcap settings-click filename tab and it will display the default location. You can change it there

EricF
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Re: sharpcap and Registax question

Post by EricF »

>> File->sharpcap settings-click filename tab and it will display the default location. You can change it there.

Thanks.Got that set up now. Did the equivalent with ASICap, so now everything is going to the same place.
Got a QuickLink (and desktop shortcut) set up to point there too.

Seems like Registax remembers where it was the last time it opened a file. And we've turned on some of the automatic stuff within Registax.

Just trying to get things streamlined so there's less fiddling/less to remember.

Eric.