Hinode

Use this section to discuss "standard" Baader/Coronado/ Lunt SolarView/ Daystar, etc… filters, cameras and scopes. No mods, just questions/ answers and reviews.
alessbonsai
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Hinode

Post by alessbonsai »

What do you think of the Hinode solar guide?

Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Hinode

Post by Montana »

I found a couple of threads in the search which may be helpful
viewtopic.php?t=10321&hilit=hinode

viewtopic.php?p=310986&hilit=hinode

Alexandra

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

I have one, I dont really bother with it as my mount is aligned properly.

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
pupak
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Post by pupak »

The Hinode is a great thing for someone who doesn't have fixed stands and a well-aligned mount. During the day, the assembly aligns poorly and Hinode solves it 100%. Anyone who wants to make animations will really appreciate it. I have one myself, but rarely use it. It doesn't have an ideal response to clouds, if the mounting is not aligned, it won't find the sun anymore.

I do not look at the sky with the eyes of an astronomer, but of a person looking for the beauty of nature.
rsfoto

Post by rsfoto »

pupak wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:13 am The Hinode is a great thing for someone who doesn't have fixed stands and a well-aligned mount. During the day, the assembly aligns poorly and Hinode solves it 100%. Anyone who wants to make animations will really appreciate it. I have one myself, but rarely use it. It doesn't have an ideal response to clouds, if the mounting is not aligned, it won't find the sun anymore.
Hi,
During the day, the assembly aligns poorly and Hinode solves it 100%.
That is good.
It doesn't have an ideal response to clouds, if the mounting is not aligned, it won't find the sun anymore.
That is bad :lol: I did built my one Solar guider and when it encountered clouds my guider just stopped guiding ...

ON the other hand ¿ how bad must a mount be aligned in order to loose that fast the Sun ? There are many tricks to get the mount more or less well aligned by marking the floor and not changing the altitude ...

:roll:

regards Rainer

Observatorio Real de 14
San Luis Potosi Mexico

North 22° West 101°
Petrus
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by Petrus »

I have one and I love it! For solar animations, it gives a sort of free hand as I do like to use many telescopes and mounts on a nice sunny day. In my mind hand controller is totally useless, I use it with a computer and it works nicely. Hinode has terrible sound effects, but these can be turned off. Reminds me of some old 90's PC games!

Many tricks recommended by Rainer are worth checking up on before spending money on Hinode. I tested marking the ground myself and it offered quite good results. I have to carry my EQ mount every time outside. For me, Hinode allows more carefree and quick imaging without hassle.

~ Petrus ~

Flickr
https://www.flickr.com/people/194757663@N08/

LS80THa DSII - Calcium II K module 12mm - Lunt Herschel wedge 1.25" - Quark Chromosphere - Solarscout Quark - Sol'Ex
rsfoto

Post by rsfoto »

rsfoto wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:05 pm
pupak wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:13 am The Hinode is a great thing for someone who doesn't have fixed stands and a well-aligned mount. During the day, the assembly aligns poorly and Hinode solves it 100%. Anyone who wants to make animations will really appreciate it. I have one myself, but rarely use it. It doesn't have an ideal response to clouds, if the mounting is not aligned, it won't find the sun anymore.
Hi,
During the day, the assembly aligns poorly and Hinode solves it 100%.
That is good.
It doesn't have an ideal response to clouds, if the mounting is not aligned, it won't find the sun anymore.
That is bad :lol: I did built my one Solar guider and when it encountered clouds my guider just stopped guiding ...

ON the other hand ¿ how bad must a mount be aligned in order to loose that fast the Sun ? There are many tricks to get the mount more or less well aligned by marking the floor and not changing the altitude ...

:roll:
Hi,

Here I present the RS-ol_guider. I developed that one in 2017. It worked quite good with an error of about 30" arc seconds if I remember well.

On the left side is the Sensor and on the right side the Arduino inside a box and the silver phone cable goes to the ST4 plug for my equatorial mounts.

RS-ol_guider.jpg
RS-ol_guider.jpg (866.38 KiB) Viewed 1446 times

and below 2 videos of the efectivity of this guider. This are time lapse videos and the guided time was around 75 minutes

regards Rainer

Observatorio Real de 14
San Luis Potosi Mexico

North 22° West 101°
nicspenceryork
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by nicspenceryork »

I have the Hinode Solar Guider and have found it useful. It is easy to use, accurate and makes animations easier to do. I choose to use it without a laptop.
Yes it's expensive but, if you can afford it, it reduces at least one of the potential frustrations of imaging!
If you've already tried solar tracking with your mount accurately aligned and think the guider might further improve the accuracy then it could be worth the investment. I'm not experienced enough with equipment to know whether the people who don't need to use the guider have a very high quality mount which is so accurate an additional guider wouldn't be needed. Mine is a Celestron AVX which 'tracks very well for quite a while' but I'm guessing wouldn't track as well as a mount which cost many thousands and therefore this guider, in my situation, helps.
Best wishes,
Nic

alessbonsai
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Post by alessbonsai »

So if I can do a good polar sighting, I could do without the guide

rsfoto

Post by rsfoto »

alessbonsai wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:41 pm So if I can do a good polar sighting, I could do without the guide
More or less yes, but do not forget the Sun continhously drifts in declination.

For example today it drifted in 1 hour ~ 41" arcseconds ...

From Sunrise to Sunset in my place it was in 11 hours around ~ 7' 31"

This movement is not constant as getting nearer to the Winter equinox on 21st of December it is only ~ 11"

;)

regards Rainer

Observatorio Real de 14
San Luis Potosi Mexico

North 22° West 101°