IMPPG quits unexpectedly

The place for all your solar software; capture, stacking, post processing, ancillaries etc. It's all up for discussion here!
acroflyer
The Sun?
The Sun?

IMPPG quits unexpectedly

Post by acroflyer »

IMPPG disappears with no message. Two places where this has happened are 1) when dragging points on the tone curve. The dot turns red and when released the screens turn blank, and 2) in image alignment on the solar limb. Same behavior, just disappears with no message. I have downloaded the most current release with the same result. I have tried it with and without graphic acceleration, same result.

Has anyone else had these problems and is there a fix?

Mike Mulcahy

rigel123
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: IMPPG quits unexpectedly

Post by rigel123 »

acroflyer wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:37 pm IMPPG disappears with no message. Two places where this has happened are 1) when dragging points on the tone curve. The dot turns red and when released the screens turn blank, and 2) in image alignment on the solar limb. Same behavior, just disappears with no message. I have downloaded the most current release with the same result. I have tried it with and without graphic acceleration, same result.

Mike Mulcahy
Send a note to Filip (GreatAttractor) and he should be able to help you out

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=568

Warren

Lunt LS60T DS
Orion ED80T CF
Meade ETX LS6
Lunt CaK BF1200
Lunt WL Wedge
Baader Photographic Film
ASI174MM
Skyris 236M
Player One Saturn-M SQR

https://www.astrobin.com/users/rigel123/
Peterm

Post by Peterm »

acroflyer wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:37 pm IMPPG disappears with no message. Two places where this has happened are 1) when dragging points on the tone curve. The dot turns red and when released the screens turn blank, and 2) in image alignment on the solar limb. Same behavior, just disappears with no message. I have downloaded the most current release with the same result. I have tried it with and without graphic acceleration, same result.

Mike Mulcahy
Hi Mike,

Yes, with the current version 1.9.1 beta I had the same issues. I feel bad that I forgot to report it because I went back to 0.6.5 (this is stable no issues for me) and I completely forgot about it, as well as lack of Solar time due to weather. Your post is accurate with my experience.
Peter

Lunt 80Tha S/S & D/S / B1800; Quark Chromosphere; SkyWatcher 120 Evostar; Celestron SE6; Celestron AVX; Berlebach Planet; ZWO174MM & 432MM & 533MM; Powermate 5X; Lunt Solar Wedge; Hinode SG; Airy Labs SSM

Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/PeterM/
BOSS team: https://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/medi ... ia-release
Martin_S

Post by Martin_S »

Hi Mike , have you tried using Wavesharp? It's very stable and does everything except image alignment.

H alpha : ,Skywatcher 120mm F8 open frame refractor, a tilted 2" 7nm H-alpha filter as a sub energy rejection filter, Baader TZ4 telecentric focal extender, Player One energy rejection filter, Combo Quark Chromosphere, Naked PST etalon for double stacking, ASI74mm camera
Alto
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by Alto »

I had problems this morning getting it to accept a 4-pane Mosaic of something like 35k size. Just refused to open. Gave up and haven't reported it as I'm not too sure it wasn't me or an older spec laptop.

Call me Geoff.

I do what I do because I want to, and because I can....

Doesn't mean I know what I'm doing, though!