Image Upload Help

MapleRidge
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Image Upload Help

Post by MapleRidge »

Hi all...

I am stuck tryign to upload any pics. I have added the files at the bottom of the topic bos (below the area to type the message), but when I submit, I seem to time out while the computer tries to connect to the solar chat server (natca.net).

I also tried to 'insert' the images, but only the text of the link appears in the posted message.

If anyone has any suggestions, please fire away. It has to be something really simply I'm missing, but I'm open to help.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Colville

Maple Ridge Observatory
Cambray, ON Canada

Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/185395281@N08/albums

10'x15 Roll-off Roof Observatory
Takahashi EM400 Mount carrying:
C14 + Lunt 80ED
Deep Sky Work - ASI294MM Pro+EFW 7x36/Canon 60D (Ha mod), ONAG
Planetary Work - SBIG CFW10, ASI462MM

2.2m Diameter Dome
iOptron CEM70G Mount carrying:
Orion EON 130ED, f7 OTA for Day & Night Use
Ha Setup: Lunt LS80PT/LS75FHa/B1200Ha + Home Brew Lunt Double Stack/B1800Ha on the Orion OTA + Daystar Quantum
WL, G-Band & CaK Setup: Lunt Wedge & Lunt B1800CaK, Baader K-Line and Altair 2nm G-Band filter
ASI1600MM, ASI432MM, ASI294MM Pro, ASI174MM, ASI462MM
solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Image Upload Help

Post by solarchat »

whats your number man? Ill try to walk you through it..

send it to [email protected]

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org
solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Image Upload Help

Post by solarchat »

OK, so I have to leave for work now and did not get a number to call you. This is way to complicated to troubleshoot via email. Try this:

if using IE on a PC. Switch to compatibility mode using the litle torn piece of paper icon in the upper right of the browser window address bar. Then try uploading

Also, are these files on a disk drive that is accessible from your computer? Are they on the hard drive or on an external or thumb drive, make sure they are in a folder that is accessible and not read only from your hard drive, and that you have administrator permission to read them.

Also, the files must be .jpg, .jpeg, .tiff, .tif, .png or .bmp, no other files will upload.

They cannot be more than 2MB curently from some computer OS's and some others have had trouble over 1MB so try an image around .5MB to see if it is a size issue.

You can also just use a hyperlink reference to the image on your site and skip the whole uploading thing all together. this is really the method that I would prefer as it doesn't load down my server space with files that are already published on facebook, CN or on your website. To do this use the "image Link" button on the top bar of the compose message window. You get the image address by (on a PC) right clicking the image wherever it exists on the internet and choosing properties and then copying the image address and pasting it into the dialogue box on this forum. On a Mac, use "Control click" and choose "copy image address" and paste it into the same box on this forum's ddialogue box.

There is nothing different about this forums BBC code language and any other standard web forum out there. If you post on some other forum, you can just copy the post entirely and paste it here and it will publish successfully. Or you can copy your successful post here and paste it into any other forum.

Hope this helps.

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org