Natca warning

JimLafferty

Natca warning

Post by JimLafferty »

Just posted a message in solar chat with no attachment but now it gives me a security warning when I go to view the message. Weird.

JimLafferty

Re: Natca warning

Post by JimLafferty »

Haha now my post has disappeared. It was about the upcoming annular eclipse. Maybe alqueda code words?

JimLafferty

Post by JimLafferty »

I reposted it taking the word annular out of the topic heading and it worked fine.
Stephen I promise I am not a terrorist lol. :)

solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by solarchat »

Ya man, I never could figure that one out. The word annular and there was another word also, tripped some crazy warning from the massive NATCA servers. The price is right for 20 Terabytes of storage (donated for free) so I didn't complain.

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org
JimLafferty

Post by JimLafferty »

No problem Stephen. I'm sure it's just part of our governments vast intelligence network. Whenever I ask my intel officer daughter about it she tells me she'd have to kill me if I found out lol.

solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by solarchat »

Jim, I should set the record straight here. While I am a 29 year Military/Gub'ment employee with an eyes only+ clearance, this server is about as non gub'ment as they get. NATCA is The National Air Traffic Controllers Association-a federal sector labor union of which I am a national officer as well as a full time air traffic controller in Atlanta.
NATCA generously buys 2/3 of the 100,000 glasses per year for my program and bends over backwards to help this effort. I have basically unlimited server space and bandwidth. I think the words that trigger all these security alerts are from the hacker guard and spam guard software. Nothing to do with National Security.
The FAA is not interested in the least in my nonprofit and goes out of their way to make it more difficult for me to do it.

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org
vidman

Post by vidman »

Jim, I should set the record straight here. While I am a 29 year Military/Gub'ment employee with an eyes only+ clearance, this server is about as non gub'ment as they get. NATCA is The National Air Traffic Controllers Association-a federal sector labor union of which I am a national officer as well as a full time air traffic controller in Atlanta.
NATCA generously buys 2/3 of the 100,000 glasses per year for my program and bends over backwards to help this effort. I have basically unlimited server space and bandwidth. I think the words that trigger all these security alerts are from the hacker guard and spam guard software. Nothing to do with National Security.
The FAA is not interested in the least in my nonprofit and goes out of their way to make it more difficult for me to do it.

Could this be a CIA mis-information ploy? LOL...Just kidding. I don't need anymore visits from the company.