Problems with Solarchat today

Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Problems with Solarchat today

Post by Montana »

I've not been able to get on Solarchat all day today apart from around 30 minutes at 14:00UT today, seems to be working again since 18:00UT, but it was a very long dark day :( It seems Derek was also having a problem too so I don't think it was just me. It seemed that the server was no longer available. I tried both Natcha and solarastronomy and it didn't work. Just thought I would report it.

Alexandra

RobBower

Re: Problems with Solarchat today

Post by RobBower »

This morning I was unable to get on also but that changed pretty wuick. Mind you im 5 hours behind you Alexandra. And 15 behind John....

Robin
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by Robin »

I've not been able to get on Solarchat all day today apart from around 30 minutes at 14:00UT today, seems to be working again since 18:00UT, but it was a very long dark day :( It seems Derek was also having a problem too so I don't think it was just me. It seemed that the server was no longer available. I tried both Natcha and solarastronomy and it didn't work. Just thought I would report it.

Alexandra

And me

Lunt LS60THa / B1200 / LS60Fha / DMK51AOU2 / DMK21AOU2 / Revelation 6 & 8" RC / Opticon Minitower 11 & Startracker / Mad Red Setter and understanding Wife
solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by solarchat »

There were some issues before sunrise and I rebooted the server at around 1400UTC. It should have worked fine after that. Anyway, its up now and sorry for the inconvenience. I would have never known had John Earl not notified me on Facebook. We have 1250 members over there and they seem to catch everything.

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org
RobBower

Post by RobBower »

Thanks for fixing it so quickly Stephen!

By the way. John is from our future..... He sees everything before we do......even next year! :whistle:

Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Montana »

Thanks Stephen :)

I didn't really know what to do, I did think of e-mailing you but then thought I better not. I thought if you had 1000 e-mails complaining the forum wasn't working I thought you might get cross, so I waited patiently instead.

Should I do the same next time or is it better to e-mail you?

Alexandra

solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by solarchat »

the forum will NEVER go out again…..lol

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org